21 January 2007

Conference Championship Predictions

Chicago 24 New Orleans 17
The Saints lucked out on weather conditions in the windy city. For starters, it's not all that windy with 7-10mph winds and there's only going to be light snow. And it will almost be above freezing. I still don't think it's enough. The Saints in the dome are a lock for the Super Bowl. The Saints outdoors away from home? Not so much. Rex does enough to tie it and the Bears D for the win. 24-17

Pats 35 Colts 31
Once again, a team in dome is good. Same team outside? Not so much. Foxboro is downright brutal right now but that should clear up by kickoff. I think that inspired Colts D runs out of gas and we have a bit of a shootout. The Colts kick a FG late to go ahead and the Pats march with little time left for the winning TD.

What I'd like to see? Bears vs. Colts in the Super Bowl. A nice pre-merger NFL matchup.

Post your own predicitons here but due to the 11th hour post, there will be no competition.

3 Comments:

At 11:51 PM, Blogger Patrick Armstrong said...

Dang, sparky. Too bad you ain't put money on those outcomes...

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger S.A.W.B. said...

I'll freely admit I was leaning New Orleans in the NFC game, and Indy in the AFC game. This would have given me my standard split when it comes to these things.

Dante, would you be so kind as to set up this year's Super Bowl Xtra Large Idition prognostications? You did a fine job last year, and I apparrently haven't had enough abuse yet.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Dante said...

If I hadn't muffed the location of the AFC Championship game, I might be more proud of my Conference prognostications. Unfortunately the sports orace that is the Weather Channel website gave the line "Indianapolis at New England" and I didn't bother to fact check. Super Bowl Prognostication coming soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home