13 June 2006

Bad news Monday: Tuesday morning hangovers

Quoted (from a 2005 interview): "Because you don't have to. It's not the law. If it was the law, I'd definitely have one on every time I rode."

"I think it can be a risk. It depends on how you ride. I don't ride a sport bike. If I'm riding a sport bike and trying to do tricks, and going 200 miles down the highway, that's probably pretty stupid. But when you're riding a Harley or a chopper and you're riding with a group of people and you're not on the highway and you're cruising, you're relaxing. I don't think its as much of a risk as people make it out to be."

"I don't ever ride by myself. We always have at least one other guy there. They say 'I'm not worried about you riding, I'm worried about the other people,' and it's true. People don't see motorcycles as much because it's a smaller vehicle."

"(In) everyday life, there is a risk no matter what you are doing. And yeah, there is a risk if I'm out there doing wheelies on a motorcycle. But I'm being the safest rider I can be."

Who knew it would take a year later for this to play in a terrible manner. Hopefully, Ben's on the field come September.




Has anyone informed the US team that these games aren't friendlies?




UGA got a heck of scare Saturday in baseball. Oh, well, South Carolina fans, welcome to hangover Tuesday.




Did I say Shaq would take the Heat to glory?



Onterrio Smith, how was Canada?



Good job, MLB, muscling your players to keep their yaps shut when talking to the feds. If you think Grimley got suspended using HGH (versus admitting to federal investigators he used HGH), I got a bridge to sell you. The 50-game suspension is punishment for squealing, not for using.



Bob Huggins back in coaching? Only in America.

2 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger Dante said...

To keep the bad new further rolling, UGA did indeed advance to the College World Series but who do they get to play in the 1st round? Rice. Smart money is on either Rice or Clemson to win it all and those are the two teams that our state's schools are lined up against.

To shift to good news for a second, our geographical area is very well represented here with Georgia, GT, and Clemson all in the tourney still. Also worth mention is that if UGA didn't advance, SCar would have (USC is in California, people. This is my new South Carolina designation. I got it from ESPN. Get used to seeing it in my posts.). Ok, back to the bad news.

Also speaking of baseball, the SEC had the chance to field 3 teams in the College World Series. Three of those teams were favored but the only one to make it out alive was in a Super Regional where an SEC school HAD to make it out alive. Ole Miss honked two in a row at home after winning the first one for the second year straight to send Miami in. Bama didn't even make it to Sunday with UNC.

And how much do you want to bet that Ben is a big enough name to get a helmet law passed? Personally, I've been waiting for someone to come out and say what the rest of the country is thinking and since that's not going to happen in our over-sensitive society, I'll go ahead and say it myself: "Ben, we really don't care how you're doing personally. We only care about if you can play next year. I mean, nobody wants to see you die or anything (except for maybe some divisional rivals) but since we've been assured that's not going to happen, your career is all that matters to us. When you hear folks saying 'We hope you're OK,' they really mean 'We hope you can play next year... or not. Either way we'll get something to talk about so I guess it really doesn't matter, does it?' Ben, I hope you're OK."

"Did I say Shaq would take the Heat to glory?"

So does that mean the NBA season is over? How is this bad news?

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Laddi said...

"And how much do you want to bet that Ben is a big enough name to get a helmet law passed?"

I was telling the Steeler-lovin' wife the exact same thing yesterday. Especially after a Super Bowl victory. I'd be shocked if by September something is in the books.

"nobody wants to see you die or anything (except for maybe some divisional rivals)"

No No No. Us Browns fans would rather beat (or get beat by) Putzburgh fair and square, full strength, with only injuries on the field being acceptible. We're pissed that when Cleveland CRUSHES Cincy, Bungirls fans will it was because Palmer was out or not 100% or whatever. Not saying we won't take it, but we'd rather see a win with the best they've got on the field. Palmer, Ben: we hope you can play so our team can make you wish you were still hurt.

And fair enough on the NBA being over sooner than later. That is good news. I just looked silly proclaiming Shaq as champion as a foregone conclusion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home