02 March 2006

NFL Europe or What Has-Beens and Never-Will-Bes Do With Their Free Time

NFL Eurpope is a great idea in theory. Let's bring real football over to the savages in Europe. Germany loves it. Too bad nobody else over there does. I would be interested in watching the games personally if the teams weren't almost entirely made up of subpar American NFL athletes. Sure they have rules about forcing teams to line up a token European once every so many downs but that European is ususally the kicker. What I'd really like to see is an all European league. I don't want to see preseason NFL played over in Europe. I want to see the guys who are upset because they couldn't make it into their local professional rugby or soccer league strap on a helmet and play a game we can actually understand for once (What exactly is a scrum anyways?). I want to see football played by small people who aren't Canadian and who don't play on a field 50 yards too wide. I want to see a Eurpoean version of the NFL instead of the NFL minus its best players exported to Europe.

What are your thoughts on NFL Europe?
1. What's NFL Europe?
2. Go Dragons!
3. No sir, I don't like it.
4. Other

I'm going to have to go with Mr. Horse on this one and pick #3.

2 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Blogger Laddi said...

First, excellent Ren & Stimpy reference.

Second, I've watched maybe a full game's worth of NFL Europe over 3 or 4 times I've tuned in. I don't get it. There's no proof that NFL Europe does anything really for 99% of the players, and I've read (though I can't find any links about it) that a lot of coaches prefer to have their players at minicamps than overseas. Understandable.

I don't dislike NFL Europe, but if it went the way of the dinosaurs, I wouldn't be upset at all.

With the second pick of the Hurricane Radio Europe draft, I select "Other".

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Dante said...

If you think Mr. Horse is funny, just wait until somebody actually "gets" #2. (Hint: Look up the Dragons' 2005 record.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home